Wednesday, May 31, 2006

On vacations

Tomorrow I am starting a short, four day vacation. I took some days off in March to go to San Francisco and Miami, but wanted to take a couple of more days off in summer.The rest I will be taking in October and November and then I will probably go to New York to visit a friend who will be studying there.

I'be always debated whether it is better to take a real long vacation ot to take a week here and a week there, or to take a couple of days here and a couple of days there. I guess unless you're going to Europe or somewhere far away, it is better to divide your vacation days. Sometimes four days off, provided you take a plane or stay at a hotel, is all you need to rest and enjoy.

The one thing I learned is never to take vacation and just stay in your home. They are a waste. You have to go somewhere. Doesn't have to be far away. Can be a beach place in the Island, but you need to see diferent things and see different people if you really want to feel refreshed and ready to face work again.

Anyway, today I will be really unproductive at work, I will be enjoying that wonderful feeling of drifting away while at work. It's really nice when you're at work, but your mind is already far away thinking about your vacation.

No comments: