Friday, May 26, 2006

bet you didn't see this one coming


Wow. I saw this item today in the San Juan Star and couldn't believe it. Bananarama is back! Admit it, you sort of liked them. "Cruel Summer", the cover of "Na Na Na Na" and the sexy "Venus" video which must have been the most overplayed video in MTV history(not that I was complaining)
Well, they are back as a duo! One of them married a millionaire or something and skipped the whole comeback attempt.

So all of you who still listen to Phil Collins and Duran Duran and other 80's groups, your favorite girl group is back. A concert at the Choliseo can't be far behind.

By the way, I rather listen to Bananarama than to Phil Collins and Duran Duran, but that's the subject of a future "music I hate"post.

5 comments:

ARD said...

Wow, a mi me encantaba Bananarama! Mi canción favorita de ellas era "I heard a rumor", tenía el single quemao'. Tenía varios de sus discos, y qué muchas de sus canciones de ellas bailé en los partyies de la escuela.
Si vienen al Choliseo me apunto.

Kahlúa Macarena said...

"Venus" is my favorite!

justmeguy said...

creo que ya podemos ir haciendo un grupo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

si village people y gloria gaynor (o como se escriba) fueron al coliseo de puerto rico, que Bananarama vaya no es na'.

A continuación una lista de los próximos artistas que harán su comeback en el FESTIVAL DE HAS BEENS Y ONE HIT WONDERS @ the Coliseo:

1.Lipps Inc. con su Funkytown
2.The Vapors con I think I'm turning japanese
3.Sugar Hill Gang con Rapper's Delight
4.Devo con el super hit Whip it
5.Toni Basil con Mickey
6.Thomas Dolby interpretando She Blinded Me With Science
7.Dexy's Midnight Runners con Come on Eileen
8.Nena con su éxito 99 Luftballons
9.Baltimora con Tarzan Boy (sí la canción que salió en los Ninja Turtles 2)

Y finalmente para cerrar con broche de oro, le darán un toque tropical al estilo Carnival Cruise con nada más y nada menos que: Buster Poindexter con su Feeeling Hot, Hot, Hot

ARD said...

Nanelo- ese festival de "has-beens" no me lo perdería por nada del mundo. Anímate y prodúcelo, jejeje!!!