Friday, May 26, 2006

about long weekends


Finally. After two months, a long weekend. Last year we had about 11 long weekends, this year the place where I work gave us four. So we've come to appreciate and value each one. Which brings me to the point of this post. Why does everyone leaves crowded San Juan on long weekends to go to beaches elsewhere on the island? Your are leaving the crowded city for a crowded beach. The same traffic jams, the same looking for parking nightmare you face in the Metro Area is simply transferred to another location.

Anyway, I'm glad people do that. Because I stay back in San Juan and face a nice empty beach, I go to restaurants and there's no waiting, I go to Plaza and it's very relaxed.
There's almost no traffic and there's parking everywhere. I love long weekends in the city.

2 comments:

ARD said...

Es cierto. Nunca lo había visto desde ese punto de vista....

Kahlúa Macarena said...

mee too! lo mejor de un fin de semana largo es la playa, con un pedazo decente de arena toditita para mí, y parking a sólo unos pasos. siempre se nota un fin de semana largo en la playa. ah, y en plaza... shopping relajado, sin filas, con parking, ¡mucho parking! yo me quedo. es lo mejor...