Thursday, May 25, 2006

Nelly and Monsieur Arnaud



"We all want love, but when we find it, we pull back. It scares us."

I bought this DVD a while and had never gotten around to watching it, which I did last night. And am I glad I did! This is a wonderful, special movie about love unexpressed.
It is full of small moments, of things said and unsaid and of the strange ways of fate and love. It features some amazing performances by Emmanuelle Beart and Michel Serrrault. Their moments together are full of warmth but with an underlying tension. The scene where he sits by her bed while she sleeps is one of the most beautiful, tender movie moments I have seen in a long time. A true gem.

1 comment:

El Zángano Azul said...

"A special movie about love unexpressed"...That's pretty much all French 'love' movies. If you go by their movies, they are sure uptight.