Sunday, May 28, 2006

Beach Appreciation Day


The other day I was watching this family from the States having the time of their life at the beach near Hosteria del Mar. And the obvious thought came to me, these people worked hard all year, saved their money so they could come here and spend some days in the sun. And here I am, being able to enjoy this all year long. Which made me think that that this must have been one of the reasons why I din't stay in Minnesota or Philadelphia when I finished college and grad school. The beach. The warm weather.

Which brings me to another thought, how much I take all this for granted. You see me and you can tell I have not been to the beach in a long time. And I live one block from it. But I guess that's the way everyone acts.
Well, today, it will be Beach Appreciation Day for me. I have my chair ready, my SPF15 (after a certain age, you buy it, trust me) and my bottle of water.
Ready.

1 comment:

Moon said...

Hi! I just wanted to thank you for the comment you left over at my blog. Even though we don't know each other, your good thoughts are truly appreciated. Have a great week!