Thursday, June 08, 2006

Yogi's quotes

Yogi Berra was a baseball player with the New York Yankees. He had the ability to say the most amazing things. He was the one who coined "It ain't over till it's over." He had a reputation for being dumb, but if you look closely, some of these quotes are truly brilliant. Here are some I like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# "This is like deja vu all over again."

# "You can observe a lot just by watching."

# "He must have made that before he died." -- Referring to a Steve McQueen movie.

# "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."


# "I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."

# "If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."

# "If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."

# "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

# "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

# "Do you mean now?" -- When asked for the time.

# "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

# "You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

# "Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."

# "I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat, and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

# "It ain't the heat; it's the humility."

# "The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

# "You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."

# "I didn't really say everything I said."

and my all time favorite and a quote that I pasted in my office cubicle because it explains everything:

"We're lost. But we're making good time."

No comments: