Saturday, June 17, 2006

Paul is 64


I read in the newspaper today that Paul is 64 tomorrow. Years ago he wrote "When I'm 64" for the Sgt. Pepper album. "When I get older/losing my hair/Many years from now" is tomorrow. Time sure rushes by. And I'm glad he's still around. The last surviving songwriter from the greatest rock group ever. His songlist is so incredibly amazing "Yesterday:, "Hey Jude", "Penny Lane" and you could go on and on. And for those who say he was the guy who only wrote love songs, I tell them two words "Helter Skelter", a song so raw it inspired Charles Manson to commit mass murder. No hard rock group can't put THAT in their resume.

Anyway, here's to Paul. The underrated Beatle. The one who was not cool and tortured like John.The one who was not mysterious as George. The one who has always been happy go lucky. The one that wrote most Beatle songs we remember(if you don't believe that, try the "Back in the USA" CD.) The one who has always been my favorite Beatle.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

3 comments:

carol said...

I always liked John and George better; George was damn interesting, maybe even more than John. I do love "Hey Jude", I think it's one of the best songs ever written, pero to me Paul is boring most of the time, although mi segundo nombre was inspired by a song he wrote. Maybe I'll like him someday.

ARD said...

Felicidades a Paul!

Yo siempre he pensado que el "underrated Beatle" lo fue George.

Di said...

Go Paul! All the Beatles were weird and cool in their own way, IMO.