Tuesday, June 13, 2006

An old movie I saw again


One of the great things about the DVD age is being able to watch again movies I loved as a child. Last night I finally saw a movie I had seen many, many years ago at the old Ambassador theater in Santurce. It's called "Murders in the Rue Morgue", a horror movie "inspired" by the Edgar Allan Poe story. It involves some murders that take place in late 19th century Grand Guinol theater in Paris. It is all perfectly preposterous, it even involves revenge, people dressed up as gorillas and people being buried alive. It is really not a very good movie. But I enjoyed it and at the same time I was trying to figure out why I had liked it so much as a kid. And well, I don't have an answer to that. But I enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend you buy it, but if you were a little kid and you remember the double features at the Ambassador, well..you may just have a great time.

No comments: