Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I am a Vitamin World junkie.


Some funny things start to happen when you reach 40. Suddenly, out of the blue, maintaining a youthful life becomes an obsession. And you become a Vitamin World kind of a person, actually believing all the health claims "not approved by the FDA". You start taking supplements that may work, others that a study somewhere said might work.

First, the multivitamin. But no ordinary one, a multivitamin "for men" with herbs that add "vitality" (nudge, nudge). Then Vitamin C because, well, it's good for you. Then Saw Palmetto, supposed to be good for the prostate. Then Gingko, for the brain (a study said it's good). Then Soy, because I read somewhere in Men's Health that its healthy. Then Fish Oil, for cholesterol, this is one that is really supposed to be great for your health. Then Calcium. Then Blueberry extract, also supposed to work, plus it tastes like Flintstones vitamins. Finally, Oat Bran...fuck I don't have to tell you why I take that.

So there you go, the over 40 "I want to be healthy- I am wasting my money on Vitamin World" diet.

Sick , isnt it?

6 comments:

invisible me said...

It is sick!
What about fruit and vegetables? Having a nice mean, low on fat and those things. I must say we are not very addicted to those kind of things, at least, I don’t know anyone that takes so many vitamins! That’s got to be bad for you!
What about exercise? Taking a walk, running or swimming? We fuck a lot in here too! Eheh! Just kidding! But maybe you should substitute some of those vitamins for a healthier way of life!

justmeguy said...

rita

Thank you for your absolute honesty. I am in the process of buying an exercise machine for home. So the health attack is complete.

ARD said...

OMG! Necesistas un pill dispenser tamaño industrial!
A veces el exceso de vitaminas tampoco es bueno, sugiero que consultes con un médico.

justmeguy said...

annette

gracias por tu concern.

carol said...

Esas cosas que dicen oil (fish oil, etc) no engordan?? I'm scared of taking those, y si al otro dia tengo 15 libras extra?? I only take Biotin for skin/nails/hair and B-12 for energy (and it helps to keep the weight off). Ah y el multivitamin.

carol said...

Ahh I just googled fish oil y supuestamente it helps with weight loss.