Sunday, August 13, 2006

better late....


I must have been maybe 5 years old when this movie came out. But I remember the posters for the film all over the city. I also remember that it played in the old Cinerama theater in Santurce.And I recall telling my parents I wanted to see it. I even recall a Mad magazine parody of it that I read at the hospital when I broke my arm. But I really don't recall having seeing the movie. So when I read that "Grand Prix" was finally coming out on DVD I rushed out to Borders to buy it.

The movie had a reputation of having some of the most amazing racing footage ever that of course, would be more exciting in a Cinerama screen. But seeing the movie on a small screen, it still works. And what also works is the concept of the danger of Formula One racing. Who will live? Who will die?

Summing up, the kid in me that wanted to see this movie so badly so many years ago really enjoyed it.

No comments: