Sunday, December 03, 2006

on cold and snow


I was watching the news channels on Friday, seeing all the images of the winter storm that hit the Midwest. The cars stuck in the snow or slipping down icy roads. And it made me realize one of the main reasons I didn't stay in the Midwest or Northeast when I graduated from college or grad school. I never got to enjoy snow and cold weather. Sure, if you're on vacation, it's great to see snow and then come back to warmer weather. But when you live there and you realize that the cold weather will last form November through April, well, it's not so great.

Anyway, it was cool to see the images on CNN, and then go to my balcony and enjoy the warm breeze.

1 comment:

C said...

ahhhhh el frio me quiere romper las orejas. aquí en Korea esta ha sido unas de las semans más frías en lo que va del cominezo del invierno. Por lo menso no cae mucha nieve...veremos a ver como sigue esto....