Saturday, December 16, 2006

A childhood memory


Maybe it's the season. But I've been reminiscing about things I used to like as a kid. And one of them was Peanuts. I guess I learned English reading the comic strip. There was something wonderfully reassuring about its world of little kids. And, although I didn't realized it at the time, there was a whole philosophy of life in it.

So when I learned that there would be a Peanuts movie I was thrilled. And finally, the movie arrived in Puerto Rico. And my uncle, who knew about my love for Peanuts, invited me to a Gala Premiere!! You can imagine how special I felt. Gala Premieres used to be a big deal way back then. People would dress up and everything. So there I was, 9 years old, dressed with jacket and tie, at my first movie Gala Premiere with my uncle and aunt. As you can imagine, I loved the movie. Many of the gags and situations were lifted from the strip, so it was wonderful to see them in the giant screen of the Radio City theater in Santurce. Well, I loved it so much that I made my parents take me to see it again three days later.

Anyway, I saw this movie again yesterday. And it was wonderful. I had not seen it since 1970!!!! Maybe it's the season. But I love revisiting it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

como yo con mafalda...si hacen una peli (o si la hicieron y ni me entere) la quiero ver. es como ahorita, de esta semana no pasa que voy a ver charlotte's web, caja de kleenex en mano y sola, porque nadie va a aguantar el ataque lacrimogeno que esa pelicula me va a dar (si cuando chica llore mil veces las mil veces que la vi).

miercoles dia de damas soy en el cine.