Monday, December 11, 2006

Happy Feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today I took the day off and went to Plaza to do my Christmas shopping. After doing that, I decided to catch a movie. I was not ready for the gore of "Apocalypto", so I decided to see "Happy Feet".

Well, I was really surprised by it. I thought it was going to be all cute, dancing penguins but it turned out to be quite different.But this is an animated movie directed by the man who made "Mad Max" and "Babe". Which means that this is a movie full of nice moments followed by some pretty dark sequences.

Still, it was a cool movie to watch. Some nice songs (the movie begins with The Beatles "Golden Slumbers" and there's a reference to the famous last Beatles tune "And in the end/ the love you take is equal to the love you make"). But they are mostly funky tunes.

Robin Williams supplies one of the voices, but is mercifully not allowed to go wild.

The movie is bit too long though, but well worth seeing. And those Latino penguins are funny as hell.

No comments: