Saturday, November 29, 2014

Enigma of Kaspar Hauser




I was really looking forward to this movie by Werner Herzog, so I was thrilled when my Netflix DVD arrived. Not only for the movie, but also because it contained another audio commentary by Herzog. I love his commentary, always feeling I had learned something about movies and life.
I could have downloaded it from iTunes, but wanted the DVD because of this extras.

The movie was as amazing as I had hoped. The acting by Bruno S. as revealing as one can imagine. I was loving the movie, when suddenly the DVD stopped. I realized it was a defective disc, probably because of a major scratch. So much for the Herzog movie.

Now I have two choices, order it minus the commentary from iTunes or order a Herzog Blu-Ray set from Amazon. I must admit the set is tempting. Everyone of his major movies is there. It's a $100 investment thought.

Haven't decided yet.

No comments: