Saturday, September 09, 2006

United 93


Shot in a documentary style, this acccount of what happened on United flight 93 and on the ground on September 11, 2001 is one of the most emotionally draining films I have seen in my life. It is so brilliant, so well made, acted, photographed that you feel as if you were right therein the middle of the chaos.

We relive all the confusion, terror and horror of that day, both on the ground at the FAA and on board, in a very real way. And the uprising of the passengers is not treated in a "Americans fight back" spirit, but in the really basic sense of people who decide to take a risky decision because it was better than simply doing nothing.

Watching this movie I noticed how much I moved my body sitting in the sofa. I was cringing, covering my mouth, placing my arms over my chest in an almost protective mode. It is that emotional, it is that amazing.

Rent this today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo caí en la trampa de los makers de Flight 93 (la "made for TV movie") y la alquilé pensando que era ésta. Me preguntaba qué era lo que los críticos habían visto tan genial acerca de la película. Claro está, todo cayó en su lugar cuando me di cuenta de que había alquilado la incorrecta...
Tengo que alquilarla, pero como siempre, cada vez que he ido a Blockbuster, nunca está.