Tuesday, February 06, 2018

DVD

I've been noticing that many of my old DVD's have developed mold and can't be played anymore.So I've been throwing them away. And in a way, throwing away a whole era in movie fan history. The good old DVD's introduced a new world of pristine image into home entertainment. I remember the first night I put in a DVD and being blown away by the amazing picture. The VHS was dead from that moment on. In a way, the DVD made it almost redundant to go to a movie theater and suffer through the rude behavior of many people. Now you could enjoy a real movie night at home.

I will miss many of my DVD's. Especially the ones that had audio commentary, which was a heaven sent feature for movie lovers.Not only would you get a movie but also an expert talking about it.

I still buy an occasional Blu-Ray if its a movie I really loved and if I get some extra features in it. But the time of going to Borders and buying the latest movies for $15 is gone.

No comments: