Saturday, July 21, 2007

about movie crushes


I must have seen Kay Lenz in "Breezy"on tv when I was 11 or 12. I remember not noticing at all the middle age crisis theme of the movie and being simply fixated on actress Kay Lenz. I thought she was everything I would want in a girlfriend when I was old enough to have one. So to me, it was more much of a "pre teen" crisis movie.

I had totally forgotten about this movie, until I saw it pop up in an Encore premium channel the other day. So many years later, the whole feeling of the movie changed so much. Now being in the early stages of middle age, the movie becomes much more relevant. And Kay Lenz becomes the girlfriend I cannot have because, well, I would be old enough to be her father.

Still, this is a very cool movie. It was directed by Clint Eastwood, not especially know for romantic flicks. And he shows here the low key approach and beautiful subtleness he would show decades later in movies like "Letters from Iwo Jima". William Holden and Kay Lenz are very good in it. And the whole hippie era environment gives it a sort of naive, romantic feeling. This is a really special little movie.
And it has Kay Lenz in it (did I mention that?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

esa es la nena que sale en Problem Child 3?