Monday, October 30, 2006

starry night


I have always been fascinated by this painting by Van Gogh. There is so much beauty, sorrow in it. There is also something so moving about it. It's what one would paint at 3am one dark night of the soul.

Maybe its also because of the old Don McLean song about it. It's kind of corny, but it sums up the whole feeling of the painting.

I just learned surfing the net that it is on exhibition at the MOMA in New York. Five blocks from my hotel. Five. I can't wait.

4 comments:

ARD said...

Fíjate, a mi no me evoca tristeza ni sufrimiento, a pesar de que Van Gogh pueda haber estado deprimido cuando la pintó.
Veo cierta alegría, esperanza y magia en el movimiento de la luz y las estrellas. Me hace sentir paz.

justmeguy said...

hmmm..quizas eso la hace aun mas increible...cada persona pude verla de una manera diferente.

Lyllia said...

A mi me encanta Van Gogh! esta obra en particular la encuentro bien whimsical. Me acuerda de los pueblitos que visite en Suiza cuando iba de camino a Dinamarca. Definitivamente a 'must see'... wish I could be in NYC to see it!

Unknown said...

amo NYC!!!!!! queria ir pero ya los pasajes a estas alturas estan de infarto, maldita sea!!!!