Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dorado Beach Hotel


Where do I begin about my memories of the place? It was the place I used to go with my whole family every summer, with my grandparents, uncle and aunt, parents. It was a place for lazy days at the beach. A place that taught me early that vacations didn't have to be all about the excitement of a city or an amusement park, but also about the quiet. The reading of a book in front of the ocean. The breeze hitting your face. The silence during the day, the sound of a thousand coquis and crickets during the night.

I stayed there last about 10 years ago for a business meeting and all the tell tale signs of the demise were there. The poor service. The bad food. One could tell this was not the same place. And this week they anounced it would close down. Goodbye, Dorado Beach. Nice knowing you.

No comments: