Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Revisiting "Julia"


Every guy has a sex movie they remember from his youth. That first sexy movie he saw when at 13 or 14, when the hormones were going crazy. I know many people who mention movies like "Porky's" as one of these movies, but I was too old when that one came out. Mine was an obscure movie I saw at the old Excelsior theater in Santurce.Yes, they used to show these movies at theaters, no late night Cinemax then. It was called "Julia" and I saw it again last night after so many years (thank you, Netflix!)

It starred Sylvia Kristel, the star of the "Emmanuelle" movies. And I thought it was the greatest movie.Seeing it again last night, well, I guess I have to moderate my position on it a bit. It's actually a pretty crummy 1970's soft core movie. Probably an R rated movie by today's standards.

But there were a couple of things that still make it worthwhile. First, the whole casual, European ttitude towards sex that makes it ten times better than a Hollywood repressed sex movie like "Porky"s".

And most important, it features one of the sexiest women ever to grace the screen, amazingly beautiful Sylvia Kristel at her prime. She was quite a sight.

As you can imagine "Julia" is not for everyone. But if you have Netflix and you were 14 in the mid 1970's...well....

1 comment:

carol said...

Oye, si quieres anademe a friends en netflix, carolearn@msn.com =)