Friday, March 30, 2007

one last novel


One of the sad things that happens when a writer or musician one loves dies is the realization that there will be no more new work from that person. If one is lucky, one gets a new song or a short story appears. But that's it. Suddenly there is no more.

I have been a Graham Greene fan for years. He is my favorite writer.I love his books such as "The Heart of the Matter" and "The End of the Affair". I basically have read all his novels. So I figure I would never read anything new by him.

Then out of the blue, I learn from Amazon.com about this forgotten novel by him. Conceived as a a film treatment, it is still technically a novel. So last night I began to read "No Man's Land". And when I read the first page I felt something I never though I would experience again. The excitement of reading a new Graham Greene novel.

No comments: