Thursday, June 11, 2009

Almost disaster

Today while leaving for lunch I almost had a terrible traffic accident. A truck that was sitting by highway decided to get into the highway just as I was passing by. It was so close to being a disaster. I got incredibly mad at the driver and proceeded to go to lunch. Then as I was sitting there eating my sandwich, it struck me just how close I came to injury. For close to 30 seconds, I lost it. I closed my eyes with a mixture of anger and terror but with a realization of just how plain lucky I was. I could have been in a hospital. I could have been dead. But there I was, having my lunch. I am not a religious man, but just in case, I thanked God for being there.

1 comment:

lostfoundagain said...

sounds scary! I'm glad things ended okay. I bet if we knew how often we come close to disaster, we'd be a mess. But realizing every once in a while when something happens gives a healthy appreciation for life I think.