Sunday, November 23, 2008

music


I remember when I used to make fun of people who were not up to date in terms of pop music. To me, it was inconceivable that they were not aware of what was going on in the Top 40 world. Well, these days I look at the Top 10 and I don't know anybody. Well, I do know Beyoncé because of her sexy videos. But that is it. Who are these people making music now? The easy way is to say, well, Top 40 is crap these days. Now like when I was a teenager or a twentysomething. Which makes me sound exactly like the people I would make fun of all those years ago.
But. it's ok. I will keep listening to the oldies, to classical, to jazz. There is still plenty to discover in those worlds. Maybe it's the way of the world. Getting older. Maybe musically wiser.

1 comment:

lostfoundagain said...

Hee hee... I'm only 23 and I feel the same way. I don't know much about today's pop music or about the current big artist. I can recognize a lot of the songs if I hear them though because they blast them at the gym all day long. My favorite night at the gym is Tuesday night because it's DJ night and the DJ plays old school hip hop and 80's music usually. Most of my favorite music is from the 60's, 70's and 80's. There are very few pop artist that I like but I do like some current artists in the singer-songwriter genre. That stuff is usually better quality.